The Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP) is a voluntary program. We recognize and reward top stewards of the land. This is a statewide program delivered by conservation districts, local leaders you know. MAEAP is open to any Michigan farmer.
There are four categories of recognition:
- Forest, Wetlands, and Habitat
MAEAP is free and is a good fit for both large and small farms. Everything we learn about your farm is 100% confidential. This is guaranteed by state law.
You can earn:
- Recognition as a top steward in the community
- Regulatory assurances
- Increased access to cost share and technical assistance
- An enduring sense of accomplishment and pride
- The program is 100% confidential, guaranteed by state law
- We will treat you and your farm with respect
- We will help you with the paperwork and process
- We will help you leave a legacy for your children
MAEAP recognition is:
Achievable. Thousands of farms have earned this designation already
Something to be proud of. Be among the 5% of farms who have earned this designation
We can help you get started any time you want.
For a complete list of MAEAP verified farms and to view their location and contact information, click here.
For more information, meet your MAEAP Tech!