Water pollution comes from many sources, and some of it comes from farms. That’s why Barry Conservation District is standing by to help you enroll in the Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP). This program offers assistance and recognition to farmers who reduce erosion and runoff from private land into public waters.
This program is free and voluntary. Everything we learn about your farm is 100% confidential. This is guaranteed by state law.
Click here to schedule a free and 100% confidential visit with your local MAEAP technician to discuss whether this voluntary program is right for you.
There are four categories of recognition:
- Forest, Wetlands, and Habitat
You can earn:
- Recognition as a top steward in the community
- Regulatory assurances
- Increased access to cost share and technical assistance
- An enduring sense of accomplishment and pride
- The program is 100% confidential, guaranteed by state law
- We will treat you and your farm with respect
- We will help you with the paperwork and process
- We will help you leave a legacy for your children
MAEAP recognition is achievable and something to be proud of. Thousands of farms have earned this designation already. Be among the 5% of farms who have earned this designation