What HAP can provide
The Hunting Access Program (HAP) offers landowners annual payment in exchange for providing hunters access to their property
- Increase and diversify your property income. HAP pays landowners up to $25 per acre – based on acres, type of land cover, and hunting option selected.
- Manage wildlife on your land and help control deer damage, nuisance wildlife, and support deer disease management strategies.
- Encourage and support the recruitment of new hunters.
- Help preserve Michigan’s hunting tradition – give hunters a place to hunt near home.
- Help support Michigan’s rural economy.
Who can Enroll?
Landowners in the Northern and Southern Lower Peninsula and a section of the Eastern Upper Peninsula, owning 40 or more acres, are eligible to apply during open enrollment periods. Please see map below for eligible counties and contact DNR to determine if enrollment is open in your county. HAP lease agreements can include forest, wetland, grassland, and cropland. Minimum wildlife habitat requirements vary by region.
Interested in enrolling in HAP? Email email@example.com, or call 517-284-4741.