Discover Conservation District Programs
The Barry Conservation District shares an office with the USDA NRCS at 1611 S. Hanover Street in Hastings (the Secretary of State Building). The District and NRCS continue to work together to provide information and technical assistance to local agricultural operators.
- The Forestry Assistance Program (FAP), located in the Barry and Ionia Conservation District offices, offers free, confidential on-farm assistance in minimizing threats to the environment.
- The Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP), located in the Barry and Ionia Conservation District offices, offers free, confidential on-farm assistance in minimizing threats to the environment.
- Watershed conservation initiatives, including the Cedar Creek Aquatic Habitat Restoration, the High Bank Creek Restoration, the Thornapple Watershed Planning Program, and the Nashville Dam Removal.
- Wetland Restoration projects in partnership with USFWS.
- In addition to providing educational programs and conservation projects, each spring and fall the District holds a tree sale, providing inexpensive bare-root trees and planting supplies to encourage reforestation and habitat development in Barry County.
- BCD also offers a tree planter and no-till drill for rental to residents of Barry County.