In short, native plants are beneficial because they are:
- Do not require fertilizers and require minimal, if any, pesticides
- Native plants require less water than lawns and after a couple of years, often don’t require any watering at all!
- Do not require mowing like a lawn
The best for wildlife!
- Provide shelter and food for wildlife
- Native plant diversity supports native wildlife diversity
Great for addressing some common natural resource concerns!
- Have deeper root systems that hold the soil in place to prevent erosion
- These deeper root systems also increase the soil’s capacity to store water, reducing runoff and flooding
- Help reduce air pollution
- Sequester and store carbon from the air
Beautiful and diverse!
- Come in all colors, shapes, and sizes.
- With so many different species, you can find options to add color to any area any time of year!