The Barry Conservation District is seeking a contract bookkeeper to work 8 regularly scheduled hours per week during normal business hours of Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
The Bookkeeper maintains district financial records of by updating accounts as needed; posting transactions; and ensuring legal requirements compliance. The bookkeeper is also responsible for filing and paying all district taxes.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable (Both in Quickbooks and hard copies for historical records)
• Prepares annual budget with the Executive Director and Board of Directors and updates as needed and approved
• Prepares financial reports for board meetings and grant reports
• Establishes new accounts, classes, and items in Quickbooks as needed and approved. Updates district bookkeeping policies and procedures as needed and approved
• Balances subsidiary accounts and general ledger by reconciling entries as needed and approved
• Reconciles bank accounts monthly
• Files all district tax reports and pays all district taxes
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements
• Other duties as needed
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficient with QuickBooks (minimum two years’ experience)
• Understands and is able to file and pay all applicable state and federal taxes
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
• Can manage complex accounts thoroughly and with great attention to detail
• Highly organized
Compensation: Hourly rate of $20-$25/hour depending on skill level for up to sixteen hours per two-week pay period.
Application Procedure: Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references all together in a single .pdf format via email to the contact below. Applications that do not follow this specification will not be considered. Applications will be collected and processed until the position is filled. This position will start as soon as possible.
Barry Conservation District reserves the right to make changes to the content of this position announcement without notification and may at any time withdraw the announcement. BCD is an equal opportunity employer- Candidates will be considered without discrimination for any non-merit reason such as race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please submit bid, including hourly rate and schedule for the above described work to:
Barry Conservation District
1611 S Hanover St
Hastings, MI 49058